Dr. Galit's Studio Policy
Monthly tuition is due during the first week of each month, or first lesson each month. Payment can be made with checks, cash, Zelle, Venmo or PayPal (with an additional fee)
LATE FEES: Payments must be made during the first week of each month. Those who pay after the 7th, please add $10 late fee. (This excludes months in which lessons begin during the second week)
Tuition Rates for Academic Year 2023-2024:
30 Minute Piano Lessons = $32 ($128 per month for 1 weekly lesson)
45 Minute Piano Lessons = $45 ($180 per month for 1 weekly lesson)
60 Minute Piano Lessons = $60 ($240 per month for 1 weekly lesson)
90 Minute Piano Lessons = $90 ($360 per month for 1 weekly lesson)
INCLUDED IN TUITION:
Weekly piano lessons at the studio throughout the academic year
Preparation for performances, auditions and competitions, accompaniment during the lesson
Community recitals (retirement communities)
Family members can join the lesson and learn along without added fees within the time frame of the lesson
NOT INCLUDED IN TUITION:
Music books and supplies: $15-30 per semester depending on student progress
Recital fees: $15 per recital per student
Additional lesson time beyond the timeframe determined
Accompaniment for concerto performances
Additional lessons prior to performance, competitions and other music events
Students who attend their lessons regularly while maintaining daily productive practice, demonstrate good progress in their piano playing (technique, musicianship, and performance practice). Regular attendance is crucial especially for younger students. Throughout my 20 years of piano teaching, I have observed that those students who attended their lessons regularly, developed good learning skills, performed regularly, and became highly self-disciplined individuals through high school, college, and adulthood. Therefore, those who enroll in lesson must consider the importance of regular attendance in the lessons.
Lesson time is reserved exclusively for the student. No refunds for no-shows or last-minute cancelled lessons . When students are not able to make their lessons for any reason it is almost impossible to fill the gap with another student at a short time notice. Therefore missed lessons can only be rescheduled if instructor is available. Cancelled lessons cannot carry over the payment for the next month.
Please text or call ahead if lesson must be cancelled.
Please cancel the lesson if the student is experiencing any cold symptoms, fever, or any contagious disease.
MAKEUP LESSON - CAN BE AVAILABLE FOR 1 CANCELLED LESSON PER STUDENT PER SEMESTER
Lessons cancelled by your teacher:
Lessons cancelled for teacher illness or any other reason will be returned or refunded.
Behavior of Students/Parents/guardians/family members:
Students should be respectful of the teacher, use polite language and follow the instructions in a positive manner.
Parents/guardians are encouraged to be with the student during the lessons and follow our lesson progress. This is especially important for younger students. This also helps keeping the student focused and encourages them to practice adequately at home. Parents are encouraged to videotape the lesson for later review at home.
Other family members in the studio are welcome as long as the sit quietly, and do not cause distraction to the student and teacher. If other family members cause any distraction the teacher will ask the guardian to find another care solution.
Please keep in mind, that the lessons are held in a private home. Please respect the living space of your teacher and her family. Bathroom can be used, but roaming around the house beyond the piano room is inappropriate. Please use the living room only while waiting for the student. Lounging while waiting for the student can be done outside the house.
Expectations of Piano Practice and Progress:
- Students must review and practice the teacher's instructions daily. Parents are strongly encouraged to require it, as they do for school assignments.
- Beginner level students are expected to practice daily for minimum 20 minutes.
- Students who have been playing for at least two years are expected to practice minimum 45 minutes a day.
- Late intermediate and advanced students should practice at least an hour a day. Beyond late intermediate level, students should prepare for daily practice of two hours, in order to meet the standards of high-level artistic playing and excellent technique.
- Students who intend to participate successfully and excel in public performances, recitals, auditions, competitions etc. must prepare to play min 2-3 hours a day.
- Students who expect to achieve success in competitions must consider that teacher will require additional lessons with additional costs.
- Students are expected to be well prepared and practice daily in order to successfully perform both recitals in December and in May memorized.
Respecting your teacher:
- Students are expected to treat the teacher with respect, and conduct good manners.
- Use of cell phone by students is strictly prohibited during the lesson.
PROTECTING OURSELVES FROM COVID-19 AND OTHER VIRUSES
- Students who are experiencing cold symptoms should notify the teacher a head of their lessons and consider rescheduling their lessons.
- With any cold symptoms that develop during the lesson, student will receive a mask and must wear it during the lesson.
- Students must arrive with clean hands and trimmed nails to the lesson.
- Students must sanitize their hands before and after the piano lesson. I use the very fragrant sanitizers from Bath and Body Works, and hope the kids enjoy using them.
- While students should have their shoes on during the lesson, I ask that family members will only wear their shoes in the piano room and entrance. Please do not enter the living room and other spaces with shoes on.
- I will sanitize before and after each student and will use Lysol spray between each student.