Dr. Galit's Studio Policy
Tuition is due during the first week of every month. Payments acceptable are checks, Venmo or PayPal (with fee added).
30 Minute Piano Lessons = $25 ($100 per month for 1 weekly lesson)
45 Minute Piano Lessons = $38 ($152 per month for 1 weekly lesson)
60 Minute Piano Lessons = $50 ($200 per month for 1 weekly lesson)
90 Minute Piano Lessons = $75 ($300 per month for 1 weekly lesson)
INCLUDED IN TUITION:
Weekly piano lessons at the studio throughout the academic year
Audition and competition opportunities
Recitals in Retirement Communities
NOT INCLUDED IN TUITION:
Music books and supplies: $15-30 per semester depending on student progress
Recital fees: $10-20 per semester
Subscription to music apps and software
The successful students progress in their piano studies very well through regular weekly attendance in lessons, and daily practice routine as directed in each piano lesson. Research has also shown that those students who successfully develop regular routine of practice attendance are likely to succeed more in school and also in adult life.
Lesson time is reserved exclusively for the student. No refunds for cancelled lessons. When students are not able to make their lessons for any reason it is almost impossible to fill the gap with another student at a short time notice. Therefore missed lessons can only be rescheduled if instructor is available. Cancelled lessons cannot carry over the payment for the next month.
Please text or call 24 hours ahead if you need to cancel the lesson.
Please cancel your lesson if student is experiencing a severe cold, fever or any contagious disease.
MAKEUP LESSON WEEK - AVAILABLE FOR 1 CANCELLED LESSON PER STUDENT
At the end of each semester, after our student recital there will be an opportunity to make-up any 1 missed lesson by attending the lesson-make-up-days.
LATE FEE: Payments must be made during the first week of each month, but no later than the 7th of each month. Those who pay after the 7th, please add $10 late fee.
Lessons cancelled by your teacher:
Lessons cancelled for teacher illness or any other reason will be made up by your teacher.
Weather: If school is dismissed because of the weather, students who can get here safely should come to their lesson.
Parents or Guardians Should be supervising their children at the studio:
Parents or guardian should be present with student during the lessons and follow our work and progress. This is especially important for the student progress and achievements. Sitting with the student during the lesson also keeps the student focused and helps the parents follow the progress of the lesson and the tasks which the student is asked to fulfill.
Expectations of Piano Practice and Progress
- Beginner level students are expected to practice daily for 20 minutes at least.
- Students who have been playing for at least two years are expected to practice at least 45 minutes a day.
- Late intermediate and advanced students should practice at least an hour a day. Beyond late intermediate level, students should prepare for daily practice of two hours at least to meet the standards of high level artistic playing.
- Students who intend to excel in public performances such as competition must prepare to play at least 3 hours a day.
- Students and parents are responsible to go through the homework instructions daily and students should play each piece five times a day.
- Parents are encouraged to record our lessons and follow the instructions from the lesson and same methods at home with kids
- Students are expected to be well prepared and practice daily in order to successfully perform both recitals in December and in May memorized, or - under COVID-19 conditions we will record virtual recitals
- Students are expected to treat the teacher with respect, and conduct good manners.
- Use of cell phone by students is strictly prohibited during the lesson.
Using the restroom, living room, other rooms in the studio floor:
Those in need of restroom can use the restroom located at the studio level. Please make sure to keep it clean, wash your hands with soap, flash the toilet.
Students, parents, and family members can lounge in the living room or dining area. Please do not let your children go beyond the studio level. Please respect the privacy areas of the studio. Those entering the living room and kitchen area should leave the shoes by the main door.